Think of AirBNB for private boat docks. Dock Skipper was created as an alternative to expensive and often full marinas. The client came to Bold City with an extensive list of features. On that list included:
- Ability to create listings pending admin approval.
- Ability to request reservations based on an available calendar set by the listing creator.
- Ability to accept payment for reservations
- Ability to disperse payment to listing owners post reservation stay.
- Ability to manage a resolution system for reservation issues.
- Ability for private messaging between site users without exposing email addresses.
- And much more.
Some development agencies may have looked at the client, eyes wide and struggling to find a starting point, not us! We took the project head-on, coming up with an all-inclusive budget and timeframe based on milestones.
Dock Skipper was released as a beta version for testing within a small group of industry leaders. After a couple weeks of minor bug reports and fixes, we launched the completed Dock Skipper website on budget and on schedule.